[Osmf-talk] New license proposal status II

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Dec 2 22:28:11 UTC 2009

Totally ridiculous Frederik.

This isn't the Frederik License Group. It is not all up to you, we don't have to write just what Frederik wants. It's not about 'the list' coming to agreement, it's about you getting your way and I think it'd be an awful abuse of process to change everything just for you.

If there is a glimmer of that happening, then I too will demand to include an essay in the email that goes out and I will also make a bunch of demands on what goes in the question, the options and the time of day the email is sent.

Yours &c.


On Dec 2, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Mike,
> Mike Collinson wrote:
>> We therefore have not started the vote but will meet again on Friday and 
>> would like to begin then.
> I sincerely hope that before you e-mail the OSMF members with your 
> proposal and a voting link, we can reach agreement on this list about 
> what exactly will be voted on, especially the options that will later be 
> presented to the contributors.
> If we cannot reach agreement and if you decide that you want to go ahead 
> with a version to which some OSMF members, including myself, have 
> objected on this list, I respectfully request to be given a chance to 
> write down why I think that OSMF members should vote "no", and for that 
> statement to be included in your e-mail that goes out to OSMF members. 
> (I would promise to be brief and unemotional, but I think fairness 
> dictates that the other side be heard on equal footing.)
> Bye
> Frederik
> -- 
> Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frederik at remote.org  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"
> _______________________________________________
> osmf-talk mailing list
> osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/osmf-talk

More information about the osmf-talk mailing list