[Osmf-talk] New license proposal status II

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu Dec 3 11:12:13 UTC 2009

Irrespective of the discussion on the vote format, I think it proper that the for and against arguments be put on an equal footing.  In the proposal document we've tried to give as much background to why we are proposing things as they are and we've also put it up for critical responses on this list.  I believe the proposal document, and the discussion on it, is a basis for members to make an informed decision, but I certainly acknowledge that it is asking you to vote yes with reasons.

I have therefore updated the main OpenStreetMap page for the new license

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Database_License

with a link to a Why You Should Vote No page.

I will propose to the Friday meeting of the LWG that the same link be included in the formal vote email that will go to members.

Mike