[Osmf-talk] New license change proposal status

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 13:58:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Matt Amos <matt at asklater.com> wrote:

> 80n wrote:
> > For the record I am still in favour of an attribution / share-alike type
> > of license but strongly believe that the new license proposal is not the
> > right solution.  I have no problem with anyone who wants to make their
> > contributions available in the public domain.
>
> it would really help if you could say why you think the license proposal
> isn't the right solution and what, if anything, you think the right
> solution is.
>
> Mike has started a page for it, if you would prefer to put this on the
> wiki:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Why_You_Should_Vote_No

Many of the issues relate to the Contributor Terms and, as you know, have
already been presented to the LWG.  Some were addressed, others such as the
OSM's ODbL data being incompatible with other ODbL datasets have been left
unresolved.

Details here: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dd9g3qjp_0hnnw6tc9