[Osmf-talk] New license proposal status II

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at medemail.com.au
Tue Dec 8 19:32:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Henk Hoff wrote:
> > So the question is, are there any set limits (and if so, what are there),
> > or
> > it will be decided in that moment if that happens (and how ? by LWG ?
> > Board members ? OSMF members simple majority vote ? OSMF members 2/3 vote
> > ? or some
> > other way) ? Or will the change proceed no matter what the casualties ?
>
> There is not a distinct answer to your question. We could get into a lot of
> what-if scenario's. The problem with those what-if scenario's is that
> reality is always different. That's why the "week 9" and "week 13" are in
> the timeline, to give us a feeling of the direction of the most likely
> scenario and act accordingly.

This answer tells me that while the LWG has probably done the job with which
it was charged (I haven't seen their Terms of Reference) there has been
minimal planning of the next point.

I completely understand that some people want the additional information
before voting, including "what do we do in case of rejection" scenario.

Liz