[Osmf-talk] Proportion of OSM data represented by foundation members

Matt Amos matt at asklater.com
Fri Dec 11 17:44:32 UTC 2009

Grant Slater wrote:
> 1: SQL Dump of DB will be made available. The database does _NOT_
> contain email addresses or any personal details.

just a small clarification; it's likely not be a SQL dump of the DB, as
the full DB contains a lot of extraneous information that rails adds
which i don't think is useful or right to release. for example, the
timestamps on the records. what i'm planning to release is only the
random nonce token, the result of the vote and the result of the survey.

we're doing this in the interests of transparency and openness, and
unless you've disclosed your token it won't be possible for anyone other
than the membership secretary* or yourself to link you to your vote. but
if anyone has any concerns about this then please let me know and we can
see if there's an alternative solution.

cheers,

matt

* and i'm sure that once the vote is over mike will be happy to delete
any copies of this data he has.