[Osmf-talk] Proportion of OSM data represented by foundation members

Brian Quinion osmfoundation at brian.quinion.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 13:10:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Brian Quinion
<osmfoundation at brian.quinion.co.uk> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had any information on approximately how
> much of the OSM data was added by OSMF members?

In case anyone is interested I've now been able to pretty much answer
my own question using the data that Matt has created and the list of
OSMF members list on the wiki [1][2].

The 59 members for that list who's username I've been able to identify
are responsible for approx. 1.4% of all OSM data.  Assuming that this
proportion is representative (somewhat dangerous since they are self
selected but best I can do) that makes the 265 OSMF voting members
responsible for 6.3% of all data.

--
 Brian

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Stats#Contribution_percentage_by_user