[Osmf-talk] Results of OSMF Member Vote

Lars Francke lars.francke at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 14:43:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 15:03, Matt Amos <matt at asklater.com> wrote:
> article 79 part 2: Such [an amendment to Basic Law] requires the
> affirmative vote of two thirds of the members of the Bundestag and
> two-thirds of the votes of the Bundesrat.
>
> are you suggesting that the OSMF members are the equivalent of the
> german parliament? in which case, what's the function of the (elected)
> OSM board?

I don't think one can compare these things (license change vs.
constitution change vs. presidential elections) fairly so my remark
about this earlier was probably not very helpful.
I don't know what the function of the board is. As far as I can tell
it had no part in this process‽

> also, i assume, the Bundestag members are paid to turn up and vote;
> isn't that their job?

"They shall be representatives of the whole people, not bound by
orders or instructions, and responsible only to their conscience."
Unfortunately the fine for not showing up and not participating in
votes isn't very severe (50-100 EUR per day they are missing).

But I think we've been derailed. At least it wasn't my intention to
question the voting procedure of the OSMF.

Lars