[Osmf-talk] OPENSTREETMAP FOUNDATION - NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Nick Black nick at blacksworld.net
Wed Jul 29 08:09:47 UTC 2009

Its AGM, election and anniversary party time again :-)

I'm going to be standing for election to the OSM Foundation Board
again this year.  I'd like to hear from all of the members about what
you want to see happen in 2009 - 2010?  You paid your £15, fought you
way through the OSM-F sign-up process... now what?  What changes do
you want to see happen?  Some of the areas I want to focus on in 2009
- 2010 are:

Growing the OSM-F to support OpenStreetMap as a global organization
Setting up Local Chapters around the world
Making sure that the OSM Foundation delivers to its current members &
increases the total number of members around the world
Securing external, independent funding for the Foundation
Hiring full time staff into the Foundation
Leading the Foundation to be an organization that can promote OSM
around the world
Improving the experience of OSMers around the world
Creating better tools, websites and user experiences for mappers
Set up a UX working group that will work with OSM users and developers
and offer guidance around user experience
Continuing to improve the communication from the Foundation to its
members and to OSMers worldwide

How does this list look?  Am I way off the mark?  Please get in touch
and let me know.  You can email me at nick at osmfoundation.org or even
better, ping me on skype: nickb_sk.   If you'd like to talk more we
can set up a time to talk one on one (my mobile number is 07835
054292).  Of course if you are in London we can talk in person at any
of the OSM meetups that are coming up.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

--
Nick

On 28 Jul 2009, at 20:36, Andy Robinson (OSMF) wrote:

> To all members of OpenStreetMap Foundation,
>
> NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 3rd Annual General Meeting of the
> OpenStreetMap Foundation will be held at the offices of Cloudmade
> Ltd, Suite
> 1.06 Enterprise House, 1/2 Hatfields, London, SE1 9PG, UK. on
> Saturday 22nd
> August 2009 at 14.30 BST.
>
> OSMF AGM Agenda:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Foundation/AGM09
>
> Nominations are open for OSMF board positions at the AGM. To add a
> nomination or your own name please see the instructions via the link
> below
> or send an email to secretary at osmfoundation.org . All members of the
> Foundation are eligible to stand for election to the Board.
> If you are not already a member of the Foundation then you can sign
> up via
> http://foundation.openstreetmap.org/membership/ or contact
> membership at osmfoundation.org . Nominations close on August 17th. Proxy
> voting by email opens on August 1st. The final vote will be taken at
> the AGM
> itself.
>
> Nominations and proxy voting details can be found via the Agenda
> page link
> above.
>

> Andy Robinson
> Secretary
> OpenStreetMap Foundation
>
> Name & Registered Office:
> Openstreetmap Foundation
> 16 Oakfield Glade
> Weybridge
> Surrey
> KT13 9DP
> United Kingdom
> A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
> Registration No. 05912761.

Nick Black
twitter.com/nick_b
nick at blacksworld.net