[Osmf-talk] OPENSTREETMAP FOUNDATION - NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 29 10:57:01 UTC 2009

Our Articles don't have any restriction other than it can only be a Member
that is appointed to the board. The Board actually can decide who is
eligible to be a member but I wouldn't think we could go there for obvious
reasons.

It's something that can be looked at in the review of the Articles, but not
something we can do anything about before the forthcoming elections, and as
80n says, in reality it would be absurd to make the Articles restrictive
anyway. Much better to require that affiliations and interest are properly
declared when a person stands for election and let the voters decide. If we
had a very large OSMF membership base this really wouldn't be an issue.

Cheers

Andy