[Osmf-talk] OPENSTREETMAP FOUNDATION - NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jul 29 15:01:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

Ed Freyfogle wrote:
> Likewise I see challenges with the other theoretical stipulations. I
> have German citizenship, but also citizenship of other countries. Does
> that mean I'm the "one German"? Even though I live in London? This
> quickly descends into absurdity.

I think it descends into absurdity only if you want it to ;-)

It was unwise of me to speak of people in terms of nationalities, I wish
to apolgoise for that. Of course what I meant was: People from the
German OSM community, people from the Spanish OSM community, people from
the Italian OSM community and so on. OSMF wants to work for the
world-wide OSM project so I think it makes sense to include people from
a wide spectrum in everyday OSMF work. The various communities often
have a very different angle on certain things and this can only be
helpful for an organisation that aims to cater to them all.

Bye
Frederik