[Osmf-talk] OPENSTREETMAP FOUNDATION - NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at medemail.com.au
Fri Jul 31 10:31:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, 80n wrote:

> We have recently begun discussing the possibility of implementing a
> conflict of interest policy [1] which is perhaps the best way of dealing
> with this and avoids the need to implement any arbitrary
> one-company-one-delegate type rules.  Any board member with an identified
> conflict can be excluded from discussion and decisions relating to the
> subject.
>
> 80n
>
> [1] Here's an example of a conflict of interest policy:
> http://worldvista.org/WorldVistA/Conflict_of_Interest_Policy_20090613.pdf/v
>iew

A conflict of interest policy is normal in all Australian commercial and non-
commercial entities. I have been on Boards of 3 non-commercial and one (small)
commercial enterprise and 'conflicts of interest' appear on each meeting
Agenda.

Such a policy must be supported.

--
BOFH excuse #411:

Traffic jam on the Information Superhighway.