[Osmf-talk] Conflict of Interest

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Fri Jul 31 00:47:33 UTC 2009

El día Wednesday 29 July 2009 18:46:48, Richard Fairhurst dijo:
> It is in IPOPlanet and CrowdMade's interests that Mapfabrik has to
> stop offering its WMS server, because the WMS is a nice little earner,
> and therefore provides their competitor with the funds to market
> itself and develop its products.

So, IPOPlanet works with taxi drivers and CrowdMade does u-Phone applications
while MapFabrik does paleo-geo. In this scenario, I don't think that
attacking MapFabrik's paleo-geo products will increase the market for taxi
driving analysis or u-Phone apps.

As long as the markets don't overlap, I don't think there'll be a CoI.

Just my $0.02.

Un ordenador no es una televisión ni un microondas: es una herramienta
compleja.