[Osmf-talk] Travel-to-panama expenses

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Fri Jul 31 01:43:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

This is actually a request for the OSMF board... but since everyone is
trigger-happy today in OSMF-talk, I'll post here :-)

The scenario is the following: I've been offered to travel to Panama
(central-south America) in November for a latin-american meeting about
semantic SDIs vs. neo-geo and all that geo-stuff we all know and love.
There'll be lots of mapping agencies unaware of OSM ready to be brainwashed.

I cannot afford the trip, so I've contacted Jorge Batista (the cuban guy in
SotM) and Fredy Rivera (the colombian guy at SotM, AKA "the keychain guy") in
order to send them on an OSM evangelising mission. Colombia and Cuba are
close to Panama so the trip would not be ridiculously expensive.

Question is: would the OSMF be willing to pay for the plane tickets for this
evangelising mission??

And a request for all OSMF board nominees: please state your point of view on
spending OSMF money on community development, and on national/regional
mapping agencies.

Cheers,

Un ordenador no es una televisión ni un microondas: es una herramienta
compleja.