[Osmf-talk] OSM Foundation representative for Open Data Commons' Advisory Council

Floris Looijesteijn osm at floris.nu
Thu Mar 26 08:36:15 UTC 2009

Hello Mikel and Frederik and others,

> Hi,
>
> Mikel Maron wrote:
>> Wow, what a welcome! How about we drop this adversarial attitude
>> everyone?
>
> I don't know how and why the Cc to talk at openstreetmap.org has crept in
> in your response. My posting was meant for osmf-talk only; a list where
> I believe we all can be honest with each other and where identifying a
> problem does not count as scaremongering or finger-pointing - precisely
> because it is not a "public" list but an OSMF internal one.

Well, luckily Mikel sent it to talk at openSTRETmap.org...
Maybe some private spin-off?

> As for style of communications, I'm well known for having flunked
> cheerleader class but If you chip in with a poem every now and then
> we'll surely make a good mixture ;-)
>
> I think Mike will make an excellent ODC liaison; just stressing this
> again in case it has come across badly.

Personally I really don't care which license is used. So don't expect any
useful input from me. I have read most of the draft version and will do
that again on the release candidate but legal talk is not my cup of tea...

Greetings,
Floris Looijesteijn