[Osmf-talk] Fwd: AW: Lizenzverstoß bei Magix Foto auf CD&DVD 9

Wed Nov 25 16:01:12 UTC 2009

Lulu-Ann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My problem here is, that the answer of Magix does not sound like
> they are planning to act correctly next time, so if we want to sue
> them next time (what we should!) we should tell them that now.

I don't think _OSMF_ has the right to sue anyone at present. It
doesn't own any rights in the data.

Rather, the copyright holders[1] under CC-BY-SA are the individual
mappers. So it's up to individual mappers to sue for missing
attribution.[2]

cheers
Richard

[1] If there is any copyright, that is.
[2] ...but then someone might point out that no-one at all, even OSM,
is complying with the letter of the licence which requires individual
attribution.