[Osmf-talk] Fwd: AW: Lizenzverstoß bei Magix Foto auf CD&DVD 9

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Thu Nov 26 17:11:39 UTC 2009

2009/11/26  <Lulu-Ann at gmx.de>:
> The law in Germany sais (this is not a lawyer's advice), that any OSM contributor holds the copyright and can send his own lawyer to sue any license violator.
>
> Don't assume that everyone is good. Anyone will be the first one to sue somebody. Better there's a warning.

Lulu-Ann.... Please stop your pyrrhic (DE: Pyrrhussieg?) war.
I for one contribute to the project because it is fun and we create
liberally (libré) licensed data, not to be attacked because I
accidentally left off the attribution (or something) off my personal
OSM project page. (Or the attribution doesn't show up just right in
your version of Firefox or whatever)

Sure someday OSMF might need to legally threaten someone... But none
of your cases on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lacking_proper_attribution even
remotely justify this in my mind.

K Thx Bye