[Osmf-talk] Fwd: AW: Lizenzverstoß bei Magix Foto auf CD&DVD 9

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 26 14:58:48 UTC 2009

Hi!

Well, if the announce to have it in the next patch I guess it's OK.

I wrote
> > To steer the press articles, somebody of the foundation could give an
> > interview, announcing that in the future there might be sues, because
> > the problem grows. Then nobody can say 'oops, now OSM suddenly gets
> > nasty...' and we have good press, not bad.

Frederik wrote
> If you want to avoid bad press, don't be bad. Don't assume that everyone
> is evil.

The law in Germany sais (this is not a lawyer's advice), that any OSM contributor holds the copyright and can send his own lawyer to sue any license violator.

Don't assume that everyone is good. Anyone will be the first one to sue somebody. Better there's a warning.

Regards
Lulu-Ann