[Osmf-talk] seeking funding ideas

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Apr 29 20:30:21 UTC 2010

It was tried as others have pointed out. OSMs funding model (begging) was pretty baked in by 2007 let alone 2010. I'd certainly advise any new open project to make a go of trying something different simply because the vast majority of projects are either closed+commercial or open+begging. There are nicer intermediaries but you have to stomach all the flames.

I say begging as it's dictionary definition is closer to what we do than donations.

Yours &c.

Steve