[Osmf-talk] seeking feedback on needs summary

Klaus Gaßner k_gassner at web.de
Mon Mar 22 20:59:52 UTC 2010

Hi!

Am 21.03.2010 17:36, schrieb Mikel Maron:
> Specific instances include the response to Haiti earthquake, in which
> OSM's voluntarily collected data became the base map for the relief
> effort by all actors, from UN to NGOs to civil society.

This is a rather all-out claim. Is it actually true?

If I remember the reports correctly, those organizations were using maps
created by the DLR [1] and similar professional organizations. If any
part of this claim is untrue or exaggerated, I suggest correcting it to
definite facts.

bye
           Nop

[1] http://www.zki.caf.dlr.de/applications/2010/haiti/182_en.html