[Osmf-talk] Fwd: Number of people who checked 'public domain'

Sun Oct 17 09:22:43 UTC 2010

sotm at livingwithdragons.com wrote:
> But I would ignore arguments from both sides and remove the PD tick box.
> It's not serving any purpose, other than two purposes it's only
> pretending to serve.

Quite a few of us who support public domain licensing have been biting
our tongues for the past couple of years and reluctantly supporting a
new share-alike licence.

OSMF implemented this one small concession to us. Removing it for the
sake of "tidiness" would be a needless act of hostility towards a
section of the community which has been most patient and most
co-operative during the licence change process.

Richard