[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] OSMF organizational change: Management Team

Henk Hoff henk at toffehoff.nl
Thu Aug 11 21:25:45 UTC 2011

Thanks for you comments.

I agree with you to keep the structure as simple as possible.

But ... the structure we had, was not working effectively. We made some
changes in the way the board was functioning, but that didn't help. It was
time to grab the bull by the horns and have the daily trouble-shooting
issues (which was taking up most of the time of the board) delegated to the
collective working groups. The Management Team.

Currently the Working Groups already have a huge mandate. This does not
change. The Management Team is mostly taking up tasks that was with the
board. This does mean that the board itself needs to focus on a more
abstract level of decision making and that the Management Team doesn't need
approval of the board for every single decision.

We've also seen that the Working Groups were mostly working as individual
groups. Having the chairs of the WG meet each other, we hope there will be
more coordination between the different groups.

And about the communication. We really try to do better :-)

Cheers,
Henk