[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] OSMF organizational change: Management Team

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Mon Aug 15 07:17:25 UTC 2011

@Gervase I did not ask if other  non-profit made the same mistake or not (sheep are all-over),
but to *prove* that this works for a flat crowd based  organization the OSM is(was).
Or actually, I did not ask, but tell you it *will not*.

Apparently the same mistake as everywhere (administrations / big companies) has
hit the board: lack of time, so a intermediate layer is being installed.
I a huge project as OSM very soon the need for other levels will  rise
and the project will cease to exist in the mind of the contributors.

Only the sheep that clicked the CT arrangement without thinking and
because of that do not have a real commitment to OSM will contribute until they
found another colored box to click in another project.  (The famous Majority of 120k+ )

And the board will rule, and the management team manages and the working groups work
and all will wonder why the project stalls now it's so wonderfully organized.

Let me tell you again, OSM is a crowd based organization. The CORE of it is
used to make consensus like decisions after extensive discussions on fora and
mailing lists.  This is what motivates  the real OSM-er, having something to create that
has been decided upon themselves.
This is were strategy must be done, and not somewhere in London
by a team calling themselves "THE BOARD" telling the rest of the OSM there *IS*
a difference between *us* and *them*.

And do not come with the BullShit of elections and choose another OSMF/BOARD member.
We live in democratic countries with elections and we all know where that leads to,
especially in the UK these days.

Regards,

Gert