[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] OSMF organizational change: Management Team

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 11:40:49 UTC 2011

The reality of the situation is that we have quite a small number of people involved in the board and working groups. We are all passionate and deeply involved in OpenStreetMap. We all understand the value of thecommunity

The board and WGs are trying to get some stuff done, but it feels like we're short on time, or short on manpower.  By adding a management team we may be improving matters, or we may be making things worse. I share Richard W's concerns. Having *more* meetings certainly doesn't feel like much of a solution in the short term.

Having said that, I hope it will ease some interaction between the different working groups and the board, but I also think it's good groundwork for expanding the organisation a little bit.  I think we should reach out and find more
passionate OSMers who have time to help with doing the work of the
working groups.  With more people involved, we'll need a team meeting regularly to take quick decisions, and we'll need the board to keep an eye on the big picture, and all these people will be passionate members of the OpenStreetMap community bouncing ideas around our crowd based organisation's fora and mailing lists all the way.

Harry Wood