[Osmf-talk] Membership applications

Oliver Kühn oliver.kuehn at skobbler.com
Thu Aug 25 11:29:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

there are few statements going around that I really don't like.

Misused voting power and hostile takeovers as described in the recent
mail by Alessandro needs to be avoided. This is why Henk a co are
leading the initiative to adjust the Article of Association. Everybody
seems to need to make statements here but there are just three people
working on a regular basis meeting to improve the AoA.

Dear members, stop commenting and giving advice that will vanish in the
air. Go and become an active working group member to improve things on a
lasting basis!

Large organizations are not evil per se! There are large organizations
out there that are admired by many, many people while other large
organization are just known for the misuse of power or bureaucracy.

Dear members, stop making generalisations such as large is evil. Go and
apply for a board seat or become an active member of a working group and
make the OpenStreetMap Foundation an organization that you are proud of!
Lead the discussions to make the trade-offs that are appropriate for the
specifics of the OpenStreetMap Foundation.

Dear members, if you have the impression that you know better than then
please become active yourself and stop complaining as an outsider!

I am looking forward to see many of you talented guys on the candidates
list for the open board vacancies or as new members of the working groups.

Best regards,
Oliver