[Osmf-talk] Elections: Avoid Mandate Creep

Oliver Kühn oliver.kuehn at skobbler.com
Tue Aug 30 13:41:17 UTC 2011

Am 30.08.2011 15:20, schrieb Tom Hughes:
> On 30/08/11 14:11, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
>
>> The board does have a part to play in that, in that its the board who
>> sets the vision. Right now, some of the working groups (and I'm thinking
>> of the TWG, but I'll get to the SWG in a moment) wheel spin. They can
>> only act on larger visions set forth by the leadership. And the
>> leadership has not been giving them any.
> [..]
>
> We just happen to prefer an evolutionary approach while you prefer a
> revolutionary approach.

And this is why Frederik is wrong: Even to provide supportive services
there needs to be a vision and mission. Only if everybody understands
the strategic goals of the Foundation you can derive the appropriate
targets for the supportive services like technical infrastructure (e.g.
services and service levels?), legal services (e.g. asset lock yes or no
and what for?), fundraising (how much? maximizing donations or targeted
donation drives?). Otherwise it is just opinion against opinion that
cannot be aligned with higher level goals.