[Osmf-talk] Elections: Avoid Mandate Creep

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Aug 30 14:38:46 UTC 2011

On 30 August 2011 14:11, Serge Wroclawski <serge at wroclawski.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 02:17:57PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> > "Let OSMF  be the simplest thing that could possibly work."
>
> Frederik,
>
> I'm glad you're bringing this up, it's maybe the first time in this
> election people want to discuss differences in view.

Me too!

I have rehearsed this argument more fully in previous emails and on my blog,
but very minimal governance is only good for members of the community rich
in time and technical skills, and will most likely lead to bad governance of
the sort that causes friction in the community, e.g. the decision to change
the license.

I will be reading manifestos with interest looking for candidates who can go
beyond promises for "better communication" to describe how they would
improve governance and management, and beyond "more vision" to describe what
their vision for the Foundation actually is.

Regards,
Tom Chance