[Osmf-talk] OSMF board elections

Jorge Gustavo jgr at di.uminho.pt
Wed Aug 31 08:22:22 UTC 2011

Dear all,

1. Our closest equivalent to Wkimedia board manual is
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSMF. I think we should take the
opportunity (and the inspiration mentioned) to collectively improve that
page (the board manual). The improvement of the manual and it's related
discussion could take place right now. Only User:Rw has update that page
recently.

2. We could get some help from people outside OSM. For example, if we
decided to join OSGeo we would go through the incubation process (cf
http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/principles.html), that would help
ourselves to be better structured. And we don't loose our independence,
since OSGeo projects should be managed by themselves. Does this make
sense? (Probably this was already discussed, but I wasn't around. Sorry)

See you soon in Denver,

Jorge Gustavo