[Osmf-talk] OSMF board elections - slight repost

Guttorm Flatabø post at guttormflatabo.com
Wed Aug 31 15:19:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

Also, of course, it must be made clear what working on the board entails.

Which is what Richard asked for in the first place. Let me quote his first
e-mail:

> - the meetings you will be expected to attend
> - their frequency
> - where/how they take place
> - whether you may be asked to take on additional roles (e.g. chairman,
> secretary, WG chair, Management Committee)
>
> though if you were being clever you could also add stuff like:
> - any expenses expected to be incurred by the board member (e.g.
> expected attendance at face-to-face meetings), and OSMF's policy on
> paying these expenses
> - the board member's liability if OSMF gets sued
>
> I'm surprised nobody have found the time to at least enlighten us somewhat.
These really aren't that hard questions, there's no need to write a manual
at this time.

But I hesitate to blame the board for this. At least in similar
> organisations known to me, the board has only very limited control

The board members are the only ones that really know about these things. For
everyone who is interested to contact a random board member to get this
information as Oliver is basically suggesting, really isn't reasonable.

Richard: I hope you stand for election, if only because OSM (and I am not
trying to confuse OSM and OSMF here) is such an important project that
deserves good leadership, and the members of OSMF should have more people to
choose from.

--
Guttorm Flatabø