[Osmf-talk] design

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Sat Dec 17 10:33:32 UTC 2011

I like the:

- getting started
- latest project (should me moderated of course)
- Showcase
- the map

Don’t like:

The homepage does not show  why OSM is free (within CC-BY-SA restrictions),
and doesn't mention you this project allows you to  participate and create "your map"
with our data. (this is our distinction to other maps)

The support us (too early here: change to "what can we do for you" or something similar)
The second tab (orange): "creates a message box: "please zoom in first": showstopper"
The third tab:  this is not about history of the project, but history of data : too techy for new users

I suggest the 2nd and 3rd tab should focus on information, and may link trough to what its now
We could design an alternative homepage url for  "members"  that want to start faster (cookie based?)

Regards,

Gert