[Osmf-talk] site

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Dec 20 12:41:40 UTC 2011

On 20 December 2011 11:41, SteveCoast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> If you have some better system that will be available in the next, say, 3
> months which would be more democratic than crowdSpring I'd love to use it
> so long as it generated actual interest and designs.

I suggested a very practical, simple next step that takes the fruits of
your process and directs them to the Foundation for final decision and
implementation. This is in line with your original email from Monday.

Here it is in more detail: I would suggest you work with the Strategic and
Communication working groups to shortlist the entries, trying to pull some
criteria or considerations that attract consensus from these email threads
to inform that decision and documenting those criteria/considerations on
the wiki for transparency. Then put the logo and web site design shortlists
to the vote for the Foundation members, and if the Board and working groups
are happy then the Operational Working Group can work with you on
implementing the decisions. The vote should probably include a "status quo"
option for those who feel we shouldn't change either/both the logo and the
web site design.

Regards,
Tom