[Osmf-talk] Elections: Avoid Mandate Creep

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Mon Nov 14 09:25:42 UTC 2011

Le 12/11/2011 21:03, Mikel Maron a écrit :

> You said that HOT is closed and self-elected, a pretty outrageous,
> untrue statement.

I agree that it may seem outrageous to some, but disagree that it is untrue.

It is so by design:
"Membership is determined by nomination and vote by current members of
HOT." ( [1] )

> Point taken on the wiki page lacking info. We need to fix that. There
> was a thorough report on the list.
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2011-September/000960.html

Thank you. One of Frederik's comment was that the post sounded like PR
discourse (which may be fine, depending on its intent). A way to
substantiate this was to take a falsifiable statement and show its
distance from reality.

> This list is to discuss the OSM Foundation. HOT is not a Foundation
> project. Let's move any further discussion somewhere else.

Sorry.

You mean that HOT can only be used as an example for "management
lessons" to the OSM-F board, but that possible problems stemming from
this management style are off topic? Fine.

Jean-Guilhem

(banging his head against the wall for so stupidly still caring so much
about OSM that he had to get involved in this).

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/U.S._Bylaws#ARTICLE_III_.E2.80.93_MEMBERSHIP

--
"The first rule of tautology club is the first rule of tautology club."