[Osmf-talk] Elections: Avoid Mandate Creep

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 20:03:59 UTC 2011

Mikel,

>Please refrain from ad hominem.
>
>I do think HOT does some nice things. My point was about its
    governance model.
>(It may be true that I have been in a position to directly witness
    some of its drawbacks).

>(and since HOT uses "OpenStreetMap" in its name, this list might not
    be an inappropriate place to discuss it, while limiting the risk to
    damage the motivation of volunteers.)

>Quote (about HOT): "publishing very detailed board minutes"
>Where are they published? According to the very discrete wiki page
>( https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Meetings ), apparently there has not been any HOT board meeting in 2011, is this right ?
>
>Jean-Guilhem

You said that HOT is closed and self-elected, a pretty outrageous, untrue statement.

Point taken on the wiki page lacking info. We need to fix that. There was a thorough report on the list.
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2011-September/000960.html

This list is to discuss the OSM Foundation. HOT is not a Foundation project. Let's move any further discussion somewhere else.

-Mikel