[Osmf-talk] Elections: Avoid Mandate Creep

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Mon Nov 14 13:07:48 UTC 2011

Sorry, I forgot an important point.

Le 14/11/2011 13:43, Jean-Guilhem Cailton a écrit :
> Le 14/11/2011 12:14, Tom Chance a écrit :
>>
>> But it's not unusual for free software projects, artists collectives
>> and other peers producing in a commons to adopt a mixed
>> democratic/technocratic governance structure. I used to be a member
>> of KDE e.V., for example, which had a mandate to make decisions that
>> the community then had to follow, and gave legitimacy to technocrats
>> who led on big technical decisions like major API changes.

I may have missed an episode since I joined OSM relatively recently
(less than 2 years ago).

When was OSM-F given a "mandate to make decisions that the community
then had to follow"? How?

If it was not, what gave it legitimacy to exclude members from the
community, for example?

Jean-Guilhem

--
gpg 0x5939EAE2