[Osmf-talk] Elections: Avoid Mandate Creep

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:34:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Jean-Guilhem Cailton <jgc at arkemie.com>wrote:

> **
>
> When was OSM-F given a "mandate to make decisions that the community then
> had to follow"? How?

How do you get a mandate from a community with 10,000+ active members ?
Ultimately it needs to involve some form of voting.

However, the current system of requiring members of the community to become
members of the foundation before they can vote is not really working...

> If it was not, what gave it legitimacy to exclude members from the
> community, for example?

I don't know of any one who was ever excluded.

But I'm much more concerned about all the people who left because of (a)
the license change and (b) the stagnation that the project is experiencing.