[Osmf-talk] Apologies to the TWG

Serge Wroclawski serge at wroclawski.org
Thu Sep 1 11:02:44 UTC 2011

After Tom's mail, I went back and re-read my manifesto.

I feel the TWG is really at the core of OSM, both the project and Foundation. It's their tireless work that keeps things running smoothly and gives us the OSM
that we know and love. I wanted to say in my manifesto that I support greater expansion of the computing resources in OSM, more servers, full redudancy across
datacenters (a second datacenter is now online, but they're not entirely identical in what they serve). And I would like to see TWG given the authority it
needs to act when it sees changes needing to be made, without going through a lot of read tape.

But reading my manifesto, I took that complex statement above and messed it up. Instead of saying I wanted the TWG to be more impowered, I implied that the TWG
didn't have vision. I was trying to make a nuanced point about the resources available to the TWG and its structure, and isntead I ended up insulting fellow
members of the TWG. That's not what I meant to do at all, so I want to say that I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for in any way implying that Tom and the TWG lack vision. That's not what I meant, and I've corrected my manifesto. I can imagine being very hurt
reading that, and I want to offer my appologies. Not being more careful in editing my manifesto was a bad mistake. And I ask that Tom and any other member of
the TWG accepts my appology and forigve me.

To reiterate:

Tom and the TWG, I'm sorry. I made a mistake. And I hope you can forgive me.

- Serge