[Osmf-talk] should OSMF AGM include time for discussion debate?

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:54:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:01 PM, derrick nehrenberg <
derricknehrenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Next year, would it be helpful to use OSMF-talk to distill and communicate
> a discussion/debate agenda scheduled for the next AGM?

Not as far as I am concerned. Looking at the track record, associations and
/ or manifesto of a candidate is more than enough information for me.

The figures also indicate that the majority of votes were cast before SoTM
started (proxy votes), so the only possibility for a debate would be a
conference call, which has similar problems to an email list.

> Given OSMF's budget and revenue potential, it is fairly ridiculous that
OSMF doesn't have paid staff to manage
> practical things, like planning SoTM for example.

Instead of companies donating money to OSMF which then employs someone to do
that, it's somewhat simpler to offer the time of their own employees to do
the work.