[Osmf-talk] should OSMF AGM include time for discussion debate?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Sep 13 12:04:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 09/13/11 11:37, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
>> Even so, paid staff tends to shift the balance of power in an
>> organisation.
>
> Do you have examples of organizations which started out all volunteer and then moved to having some paid positions, and
> they shifted power?

[...]

> Based on your statement of "normally", I'm going to assume then you must have several examples. Please share them.

Do you want completely made up stories or should I tell you something
about actual organisations that you wouldn't know anything about because
they're too small to even register? Would it make a difference?

> Some tasks aren't fun/interesting and require outside motivation to complee.

I agree. Doing these tasks at all should be avoided if possible. Some
will still have to be done; for these, I'd recommend to contract someone
(whom you pay for a task). That way, our annual statement will clearly
say how much money we have spent on what task, which I consider to be
very desirable, not least because of the transparency vis-a-vis the
members that brings.

Bye
Frederik