[Osmf-talk] Question to board members

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Aug 23 18:53:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:19:33 +0200
Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
> I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a good thing to have more active
> experienced mappers, but aren't the numbers simply showing the results
> of our net becoming larger (and by-catch increasing over
> proportionally) due to increase in popularity? In other words: a to
> be expected trend.

This sounds very plausible to me too. We're starting to target a
different group of people so we cannot expect them to behave the same
as the early adopters we had before.

However, it would be nice to have someone research this issue in depth
so that we can stop guessing and acting on hearsay ("three mappers have
emailed me last week saying they don't understand Potlatch!!!
Problem!!!"). It is possible that we have a "problem" but we don't have
facts to judge that. Pure signup numbers are not enough.

Bye
Frederik