[Osmf-talk] Question to board members

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 15:25:25 UTC 2012

> All I'm saying is that we must not focus solely on the map - it's bad> enough if our mappers already do that ;)

Ok, let's focus on routing. There's been discussion and agreement before (several years now)
that having routing integrated in OSM.org in some way would be valuable to mappers
because it allows mappers to check the viability of OSM data for routing.
Tiles and nominatim integration on OSM.org provide a similar function.

Routing has not been integrated ad hoc. It's complicated both in terms of back end and interface.
We need a realistic and practical plan for routing to be integrated into OSM. We need to try another strategy.

The most promising strategy right now is the model we employed for the redaction bot, hiring someone to lead the effort.

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron