[Osmf-talk] Question to board members

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Aug 24 19:17:05 UTC 2012

On 24/08/12 20:03, SteveCoast wrote:

> I disagree. If we always have to wait for production ready we won't make progress. If its not ready it can be a beta feature or a limited time feature or only available to users with a beta flag set as an option. Just saying its not ready turns people away and makes everything chicken and egg.

That's a perfectly good argument for something that stands alone, but
when something is integrated into a larger code base you do at least
need to try and ensure that you don't destabilise existing features.

What I'm saying is not that it has to be perfect, but there is some sort
of minimum baseline that needs to be reached.

It's been a long time since I looked at the code in question so I
honestly don't know how close it is to reaching that point off the top
of my head.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)