[Osmf-talk] OSMF membership applications rejected

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 25 13:38:21 UTC 2012

On 08/25/2012 02:19 PM, Henk Hoff wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'd like to inform you all about a decision of the OSMF Board regarding the
> membership application of two people.
>
> Since these persons have revealed themselves in public about their
> intentions to become a member of the Foundation, I can use their names
> without any problem regarding privacy.
>
> I (in the position of membership secretary) have received (amongst others)
> a membership application from "Edwin-ldbg" and "Mike Dupont".
> Next to the application, I've also receive a membership payment by somebody
> else in favor of the two applications.
>
> I've discussed these applications with the Board. As a result the Board
> rejected both membership applications, in accordance to the Articles of
> Association:
> *"The subscribers to the Memorandum of Association and such other persons
> as the Board shall admit to membership in accordance with the Articles
> shall be members of the Association. No person shall be admitted as a
> member of the Association unless he is approved by the Board."*

Is it the Board'd decision that "Edwin-ldbg" and "Mike Dupont" cannot
join the OSMF for good? Or just long enough that they cannot run?

Even if both applications are mere trolling, they should be treated, as
any other serious candidate would have been treated. Please clarify in
more detail, what this decision is based on.

Paul