[Osmf-talk] OSMF membership applications rejected

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Aug 25 14:19:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 25.08.2012 15:40, Oliver Kühn wrote:
> honesty I think it is a very big mistake to accept trolls and cracy
> people (at least at the limit to legality in their statements) in the
> (local) community as this is holding new (or less involved) people
> back from  becoming (more) active. Your mail reads a bit like an
> excuse or protection for Edwin. I think there should be zero
> tolerance for Nazi-like statements rather than "shrugging away".

There was a thread about banning Edwin from the Forum about a year ago,
here:

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=13151

I didn't intend to defend Edwin's behaviour. However I don't consider
myself "at home" in the German forum; I do occasionally read or post an
article but I'm not part of the social fabric there. The forum does have
moderators and those moderators can ban people; the forum is a healthy
and lively community who, I should think, can handle their own affairs.
If they feel that their way of dealing with Edwin is best then I am not
in a position to tell them otherwise.

Bye
Frederik