[Osmf-talk] OSMF membership applications rejected

Thomas Barris tommy74_2003 at yahoo.de
Sat Aug 25 14:28:22 UTC 2012

Henk,

Mike has agreed to the CTs with his new account which was linked in his board application. I agree with you that Edwin's membership application was even worse than his board application and could only be considered as a joke. But personally I think the refusal of Mike was wrong.

Regards
Thomas

Henk Hoff <henk.hoff at osmfoundation.org> schrieb:

The application of both persons have been rejected. They can apply for membership again in the future. Looking at their recent behavior I doubt very strongly that another membership application by them before the AGM will be accepted.

Without going into detail, the membership application by Edwin-ldbg was along the line of his manifesto http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Foundation%2FAGM12%2FElection_to_Board&action=historysubmit&diff=799240&oldid=799069 Let's say that a "serious candidate" would have done a different application. Nonetheless, I've treated his application serious and handled it the way I would have done otherwise.

Mike's application was a simple one. However, his application raised some issues based on his disruptive behavior in the recent past. Adding his refusal to comply with the Contributor Terms of the project, the Board concluded to not grant him membership.

Henk,

Secretary OSM Foundation