[Osmf-talk] Voting for fewer candidates

Felix Delattre felix at delattre.de
Tue Aug 28 14:18:27 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm a sporadic but continuous contributor for quite a few years of OSM
and very recent member of the OSM Foundation. \o/
For the upcoming election of board members I have a little question
which was not clear to me after reading through the information provided
on the website:

There are three chairs to be filled, ok, but I'd like to know if I had
to vote for three candidates or if I could vote for less (since I am
very new, I would prefer to vote only for people I know better than just
reading their manifesto). On the wiki page (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM12/Election_to_Board )
I can find two different wordings regarding this:

"I.e. you can vote for up to three candidates regardless of position. "
(Would mean less than three would be possible)
"You have one vote for each available seat (that would be 3 in total)."
(Sounds like there have to be three names)

Could you please be so kind and clarify this quickly.
Thank you!
Felix