[Osmf-talk] Candidates: How will you know ... ?

Willi willis at gmx.de
Thu Aug 30 12:02:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:14:42 -0400 Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> How will you know that you are representing the interests of that
> community in a way that that approve?

Imho it's impossible to answer this question. Already the interests of a
single person are not clear, often self-contradictory and changing. This is
even more the case for a community. Especially when a community like OSM
doesn't have established methods to vote or express and agree upon common
interests.

I'm quite happy to vote for and trust persons based on their contributions
to the community and the way they behaved in the community. I trust that
they will find good answers to the "daily" questions based on their
knowledge and experience and if appropriate they'll seek opinions and advice
from others. And for me Frederik is one of them.

Willi