[Osmf-talk] OKFestival: somebody of the osm foundation will go with a presentation?

Maurizio Napolitano napo at fbk.eu
Mon Jul 16 21:56:07 UTC 2012

Hi to all,
i'm sure that some people of this mailing list know this event.
OKFestival is the merge of two events-conferences (open government data
camp and open knowledge conference)
created by open knowledge foundation.
I'll go to the festival because i'm also involved with the Open
Knowledge Foundation (i'm one of the official 'spokesman' for Italy)
I know that the event is after the State of the Map conference
but, i think, can be very strategic if
the osm foundation can be present during the festival and with some
presentations.

OpenStreetMap is one of the  best example of open data, a lot of
goverments look at us.
In some cases they are more happy to open the data for openstreetmap.
Open Knowlege Foundation, and the related activities is one of the best
references for the topic in open data and knowledge.
This event in Finland sounds like a good marriage :)

The Open Geo Data session is empty
http://okfestival.org/topic-stream-open-geodata/

OKFestival
17-22 September 2012