[Osmf-talk] Good Job!

Gregory Marler sotm at livingwithdragons.com
Fri Mar 9 09:22:59 UTC 2012

I agree.
Although you can wonder why the license needs to be so
court-room-watertight when we are nice and avoid lawyers, I do like that
this is the way the (community run, sociable) OSM works.
A memory springs to mind of the London OSMers gathering around an
advertising poster for a photo of them and the Nike map. We all
celebrated their use of OSM and said they would be more awesome if they
attributed. They later did, although OSM did miss out on the initial
marketing campaign.

I look forward to seeing Apple in Japan and being able to thank them for
adding attribution and releasing press statements about how great OSM is.

Gregory Marler