[Osmf-talk] Travel expenses for OSMF officials (to SOTM, mainly)

Floris Looijesteijn osm at floris.nu
Mon May 14 09:05:04 UTC 2012

Hi Steven,

No, those costs (which according to Henk have never been claimed at the OSMF),
were not taken into consideration.

We have definitely thought about the travel costs. For The Netherlands
it is roughly
the same as travel to the US (my costs are actually a little bit
cheaper with Air France).
For Asia (which has huge OSM potential) it is now of course a lot cheaper.

The selection process is completely open, you can find the criteria on:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_2012/Call_for_venues

In the end we all voted for our two favourite proposals and Tokyo won.
I think about 6 people voted because there aren't a lot of people on
the organizing
committee. Everyone is welcome to join, just take into account it is a
lot of work.

Greetings,
Floris Looijesteijn