[Osmf-talk] payment options for membership fees, donations and sponsorings in different currencies

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:16:26 UTC 2012

I wonder if it was possible for OSMF to offer alternative payment
methods, namely regarding the currency. Currently it seems to me we
are giving quite some fees to banks. I have a few questions:

1) would it be possible in the UK to open (additional) bank accounts
in the UK that are not in GBP but in a foreign currency like EUR
(and/or USD)?
or
2) could OSMF have a(n additional) bank account in one of the
countries with EUR and/or USD as the official currency?

I am not sure if this is legally possible and if it makes economically
sense (maybe administration costs of several accounts in different
currencies would excel advantages for members from non-GBP-countries).

3) Are there statistics in which countries / continents OSMF-members live?

cheers,
Martin