[Osmf-talk] Travel expenses for OSMF officials (to SOTM, mainly)

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Mon May 14 19:50:52 UTC 2012

On 14.05.2012 12:19, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> As someone living in Japan for many years now I don't think that
> travelling in Japan is more expensive than travelling in Europe or
> North America. Indeed the Japanese currency is currently very strong,
> but that has been very different four years ago when Euro was very
> expensive for me.
[...]
I also think that the costs for flights don't differ that much compared
to the US. Butto...
The prices for Hotels are very expensive in Tokio.
And if I look at the travel expenses of the company I work for (and I'm
aware of other companies too), Tokio is one of the highest.
So I think it's justified to talk about Tokio as a evensive place to
stay (also just for a few days for a conference).

Best regards,
Michael.